Venue: Dorcas Camping – Debrecen, Hungary
Duration: 16/04/2019 – 25/04/2019 (10 days with traveling)
Participants: 4 youngsters + 1 group leader / country
Application deadline: 03/03/2019
For candidature for this project, please fill out the following questionnaire.
This project was born from desire to understand and accept the cultural differences that surround us and to fight against xenophobia using art as a mean for intercultural learning and solidarity. Starting from this necessity, we decided to focus on the theme of cultural differences on how to bridge inequalities emerging in our society. As we can see, this is a very current and controversial topic nowadays.
In the creation of art, there is no need to talk much. Therefore it is a perfect tool which can be used to express everything, and it is not limited to any borders or countries. Regardless of the language they speak, every citizen will understand the deeper meaning of the performance our participants will present throughout this youth exchange. In this edition of our series of exchanges, we want to focus on video making and photography which is more contemporary, spectacular and catchy for youngsters. On the last days of the youth exchange, there will be an opportunity to visit the city, and we will take the youngsters to the institutions dealing with the main topic of this project. Afterward, there will be a presentation of the final event in Debrecen prepared and organized by the national groups.
The outcome consists of country presentations and the premiere of the movie shot during the exchange. The entire Youth Exchange will be an artistic performance around intercultural non-formal learning. Through this exchange, we aim at enhancing intercultural learning and provide participants, leaders, partner organizations and local communities with a positive experience of border crossing experience.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to a certain amount allocated by the European Commission.
Accommodation and food will be provided by the hosting organization (special diets will be met up to our capacity).
- The age preferences are the follows: between 18-23 years with no or few international experience and 23-28 with international experience;
- Interest in the aforementioned artistic fields;
- Being able to understand and express themselves in English;
- Dedicated, open-minded, communicative and resourceful;
- Easy-going; flexible, able to work in a team;
- Regarding the group leaders, the age preference is up to 35 years;
- The group must have one person who is more experienced or expert/professional in one of the aforementioned artistic fields and able to lead a workshop in this field (preferably the youth leader, but not necessarily).